The second in my series of posts on the Social Media Marketing World conference #SMMW14 is from a session by Joel Comm entitled: From Blogger To Published Author: How to Become A Recognized Expert. What makes a best seller? According to Comm, it’s a combination of marketing and luck.
He offered tips for those who hate to write his tips were to:
- Record your content
- Be interviewed by someone who will help write the book
- Repurpose your blog posts
- Participate in a compilation or become a co-author on a book
Comm also advised those in the room to know why they wanted to write a book before they started. Do you want the book to:
- Become a catalyst to the next step in your career?
- What is that next step? Bigger, or different, endeavor? Speaking engagements, etc.
- Set yourself apart from your competition?
Remember, when you have your book published to have a “call to action” in the book. Invite people to visit you at your website, sign up for your newsletter, provide a DVD, offer them something free to keep them engaged, drive them to your social media pages.
Are you planning to write a book? What do you think that authorship will do for your career?