There are some small business strategies that are just common sense but there are times in the life of an entrepreneur when it’s nice to have a quick refresher in what those business-growing steps are. Here are my quick business renewal strategies:
- Don’t worry (too much) about the economy. Sure, it may be a fact of life that you don’t want to completely ignore, you don’t have any control over it so continue to forge ahead doing your best and providing your clients service and products that are above and beyond.
- Set goals. How will you know if you’ve arrived if you don’t know where you have to be? Is your goal a specific number of clients? A certain number of sales made? A particular monthly income? Whatever the goal, writing it down and setting milestones to reach it will help you achieve it.
- Spend your time on high value activities. If you’re spending your time bogged down in bookkeeping while you should be blogging or designing brochures, it’s in your best interest to contract out the bookkeeping as that is a low value activity for you. Your core competency is what you should be concentrating on.
- Put ideas into practice. It’s easy to talk about “things” but even easier to procrastinate so that the items you’re thinking about that could grow your business simply don’t materialize. Make it happen!
- Persistence pays off. If at first you don’t succeed… you know the rest. Don’t let a single failure stop your forward momentum. Step back, shift focus then forge ahead.
- Find a mentor or an accountability partner. If you’re working in a vacuum it’s easy to let tasks slide. Find a mentor that will provide you with a push or a colleague with whom you can communicate ideas, plans, and goals achieved. This accountability is a great way to make certain you’re continually improving and moving forward with ideas.
Ready. Set. Grow! What do you do to grow your business and achieve your goals? Let us know on Facebook.